Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

NEW Renault 4 from Serbia

nebojsaR4

Enthusiast
Hello Clementine,
My name is Nebojsa, coming from Belgrade, Serbia; I have an R4 GTL 1, 1, year 1990, made in Novo Mesto, Slovenia. As you would guess, in the Balkans there is a significant interest in R4 and I consider your site to be the best English speaking web presentation for Renault 4. In addition to that, I am a very frequent visitor here; however, never had the time to register. Furthermore, all of the issues related to the problems on my car, etc, more or less have been already answered and I have learned so much.
Subsequently, during summer, I will start the restoration on my GTL, since it has only 85000km on the clock, there is not going to be too much work, and the car is in pretty good shape underneath, hence I will concentrate more on fitting the new engine, fiddling with the suspension and lowering the damn thing:)
Finally, I will try to participate on the forum as much as my knowledge allows me to do so, moreover, I have posted some pictures of my “RED FURY”in the gallery:) …Check them out!
Best Regards to You and all the members!
Sincerely,
Nebojsa

Welcome Nebojsa,

Have you met Pasha - he has started a Renault 4 club in Belgrade and sent photographs of one of the meetings: http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=866

Your car will look great with some new paint. I like the photograph of the model too - my next project might look like that (I'm working to repair the chassis, it's wet in the UK so the cars rust badly) but it will also have a new engine - from a Renault 5 Alpine :D. What engine are you planning? If it is the 1100cc engine they can be made to go much faster with the carburettor from a Renault 5 1100cc.

Thank You, it is a pleasure to be here.
I have met in person with Pasha, and SavaBG as well, furthermore, I’m communicating with John Doe and Ivan, etc. They are all great guys, great Renault enthusiasts in general, and they help me a lot with R4. Also, I am very glad that your site has provided those particular connections.
The paint is dreadful and will come at the end unfortunately, because at the moment I am interested in pure performance:) , The existing paint is bearable for me, however, due to a small crash and lousy paint job, 6 years ago, the back door started “undressing”:( …so, I may fix that in the meantime.
I’m living at the moment in Thessaloníki, Greece, and studying there one British University:) …I don’t have much time to actually work on the car, however, I found just this Friday an old R5 (1, 3) with the Alpine Turbo alloys, and the owner is ready to sell them at the good price, so I will buy them tomorrow or the next day, as soon as I arrange transportation. The engine in my Renault 4 will be the one that you have mentioned (1, 4 , 90hp Alpine from R5)but, I have to find it. In addition to that, I come across that very same engine for 500 Euros, but this price is just too much…the guy is crazy!
Finally, I will fit it with some extras, such as those external huge headlamps as I have seen many had done that, I just think they are so cool!:)…also, what shock absorbers should I use to stiffen a bit my GTL!?...you have mentioned some Koni’s …I have also found some Billstein’s…but…I don’t know…
With the paint job…Alpine stripes
Best regards to all!
Nebojsa

Back