Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New Renault 4 owner

Beige Belgian

Enthusiast
Hi, have had my Renault 4 for a month or so now, I like it. Drove a friends one for quite a few miles a year or so ago and thought this car is fun. I have now bought one in the colour of Beige, its a 1985 GTL left hooker imported into these shores in 1995 from Belgium. Was keen on getting a 2CV but after driving the Renault thought it was a bit better and quicker. Had experienced the 2CV when racing one at Snetterton in a 24 hour race a few years back, which was great fun, and was keen on getting one (will do one day, but have R4 to play with now).

My motoring background and main passion is mainly vintage cars, I race a 30s Austin 7, and do many other events in a vintage Austin 7 Ulster also. In terms of technology, I perhaps find the Renault 4 a step up from the many vintage cars I have driven!

The Renault 4 bunch seem good, and was happy to pass my first other R4 on the road the other day, coincedently also Beige and left hand drive. We waved at each other happily! (Do you read here?)

Looking forward to seeing others on the road:D

By the way, are there many in London?

Hi Beige Belgian and welcome.

Must be something about beige R4's, I was winding my merry way back home through York (Foss Islands Road) when I spotted a lhd beige R4 and its driver was waving happily too.
I now believe that beige R4's have a cheerier disposition than other R4's!

Happy motoring, Rudi.:)

Back