Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New Renault 4

Nice drawing and yet another attempt for an R4 retro. I'd say just stick to the original because as any other retro car it just isn't it.

To much fiat 500 at rear side. Front is from other new/old R4 idea

Ok, not a new car, but surely one that captures something of the essence of the Renault 4 (as well as the mini and 2CV) is the Nissan PAO, when they went all retro on us a while back. A sweet little car with not a computer controlled something to be seen anywhere near it. Basic motoring with some character. A rare car now as well.
20200726_201327.jpg

20200726_201305.jpg

I remember reading that the Nissan Pao was a tribute to a Renault 4 and I took it to be true.

But now when I look at it, I can't see any cues that are specific to the Renault 4.

It looks like a general mix of features: The profile is reminiscent of the 1st generation Honda Civic, the rear side window is 2CV-inspired and the front looks like the 1st generation, pre-facelift Toyota Starlet.

I don't think they had any one specific car in mind when they concocted it.

True, but I think it captured something of the ethos of the R4. But look at the tailgate, it's got a bit if Range Rover DNA too! :-)

Or the back door off of a A40 Farina Countryman, but Range Rover DNA does sound more appealing!

If they make something just a bit original like the modern Citroen C3 Aircross I would be interested. Else I'll just keep on buying the Mk2 Fiat Panda, which in my opinion is as purposefull as the R4 :D

Back