Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New to Forum and 4 ownership

Silvos

Enthusiast
Afternoon all. As is says new this group and 4's. My dad had several Renault over the sixties and seventies. Foreign holidays as a kid kept the interest. So after bidding on 4 at Historics Auction which made nearly £9000 with fees, didn't even have an MOT. I stumbled upon a car only an hour from home. A deal was done. A fresh import from France. Badged as just Renault 4 no L TL or anything. Hope to have it in a couple of weeks after MOT and registration. A bit of tidying but going to keep the patina but with a smart but tres basic interior. Cheers. Graham

Hi Graham, welcome to the forum. Well done for bagging your 4, an excellent choice, and at the right price no doubt. Prices are beginning to get silly.
When you get a chance some photos would be nice. We love to perve other people's cars :clapping:

Hi, thanks. Will get some pics sorted. Price, don't tell the wife but less half the price of the auction car. Gonna need some front seats or covers. The rear looks fine. I will post pics in parts Wanted later.

Couple of pics of my "new" 4 taken in France before it came over in April. It looks the same, but will be getting the the wheels and bumpers re-painted in grey.s-l64(2).jpgs-l64(4).jpg

Much bigger pics required please. Welcome to the forum. What year etc. Pics please. Great choice and as said elsewhere, they are going upon value.

Pics are a bit smaller than I thought, will try and get it sorted. It's a 86 badged as Renault 4 no L TL or nothing. And the Barchetta is great had it since 2009. Bit different to other soft tops drives well to. Hopefully taking it to Spain in September.

Looks a great car. Well done. Its a basic, I think 'commercial' car. Just a basic no frills model. Less on it to go wrong or to resettle. Same as mine which is an '85 845cc. Great car. Mine was the local truffle mans car, who went round a few local farms gathering truffles to sell at the local truffle broker. It did 3000m per year for 35 years. then he retired and I bought it. Main issue was holes in the front footwells, and rubber gaiters to the FWD, shocks, and a rusty hinge to the hatch. All the rest was cosmetic. The rubber mats, by the way are expensive, so repair if you can. Super glue worked well for me, with a gorilla gaffer tape backing to the crack. Good quality underlay on the floor, under the rubber, helps quieten the car.

Is that a standard or uprated alternator, looks v-big in photo?, car looks a goodie

Thank you. Hope to get the car by the weekend. The MOT showed up a ball joint and headlamp aim. I will collect the car when the work is done and the seller will send on the registration when it cames back from DVLA, should be on "C" 1985 reg. I will need some front seats at some time as those in car are not correct.

The alternator looked all correct, but my knowledge of these little gems is limited.

Back