Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New wings and respray.

Bobble

Enthusiast
Rested after our trip to Orkney and now back to work, well only part time, bought this over two years ago from London (Renault garage) and serviced it and did a few minor repairs then been using it ever since but now have my F6 on the road so have sold this one to a local guy so i'm replacing the two front wings and a total respray (different colour)

car.1.jpg car.4.jpg car.5.jpg car.6.jpg

Jeesh Bobbie! I don't think you have nearly enough cars!! You should get some more- at least another two! I quite fancy the orange one- a nice "happy" colour

Bobbie! I believe you have enough for a soccer team. It must be a record. I only have 2:( But if I could get a 3rd, I'd be happy

Last edited:
Well still persevering but as you know this part, the preparation takes the longest, done most of the bodywork just
the doors, tailgate and bonnet left to do.:(.

Image009.jpgImage011.jpg

Image015.jpg Image016.jpg Image017.jpg

It's slowly getting there, all the inside is done also doors, bonnet and boot and yes it's YELLOW :) now to put all the painted
panels on "carefully" and then spray the whole exterior.

Yellow, lovely. Excellent choice. There's no finer colour for a 4L Bobble, absolutely spot on my dear boy;)

Yes Brian, i must admit it's growing on me now, but it's still a bit bright first thing in the morning when i open the garage door :)

I adore yellow on car. Especialy on small cars as R4.
I would chose even more yellow tone.

Hi Brain, it will certainly be easy to find but alas i'm not keeping it, it's already been sold.
Petak, i'm hoping it's going to be brighter when i give it the next 2 coats ?
Andy, i agree chrome would look good it will make it stand out more.

Probably will be little brighter. It is some tone of "lemon" yellow.

My hart is start ticking faster when i see something like this yellow tone
P1010623.jpg

Hi Bobble

My R4 is coming off the road in a couple of weeks or so for complete resto. I'm going to change the colour from red to blue... Did you have to notify DVLC of the change ? and did they need to know the precise colour or just 'yellow'

Also I'd like t know where you got your wings from and if they were good quality. There seems to be many sources

Jonathan

Hi JonathanT, as said before it's easy to change the colour you just put the base colour ie:- red, blue or yellow,
as for wings i tend to to look on ebay and also check Melun and various other makers.

Nearly there just a bit of tinkering, put most things back on and in seats, mats, headlining, door cards and opps:eek: forgot the bl....y door handles doh !
with a bit of luck MOT on Monday or Tues next week, then just need the wheels cleaning and painting.Image023.jpg Image024.jpg Image026.jpg Image027.jpg

Been a hectic week getting all the little jobs finished in time for Monday but finally got there :D and very pleased with the outcome, passed
it's mot so it's all good to go, now i have space in the garage to start the next one after i've fitted the towbar on my F6 first though and a short break.

car.32.jpg car.33.jpg car.34.jpg car.35.jpg car.36.jpg car.37.jpg car.38.jpg

Back