Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Newbie help please

Matthew MacMunn

Enthusiast
Hello everyone, just purchased a 1989 Renault 4 Savane. I need to purchase a gear lever Bush set & handbrake cables, could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Hi Matthew
You can get bush sets here:

Kit reparation lever speeds renault 4l 5 6 r4 r5 others lift repair set | eBay

The Renault part number for handbrake cables for the Savane (112C on the oval plate under the bonnet) is 7704001812. You'd be lucky to find genuine Renault ones now.
These (2 available!) match the Renault number:

(left/right) Handbrake Cable A.B.S. K10936 for Renault 4/5 (78-93) 8717109173413 | eBay

Hi Matthew
You can get bush sets here:

The Renault part number for handbrake cables for the Savane (112C on the oval plate under the bonnet) is 7704001812. You'd be lucky to find genuine Renault ones now.
These (2 available!) match the Renault number:

(left/right) Handbrake Cable A.B.S. K10936 for Renault 4/5 (78-93) 8717109173413 | eBay
Many thanks, I have just ordered them .

Thankyou jjad. Handbrake cables and gear linkage bushes now fitted. Thanks Andy ;). Can anyone help me find a gear lever spring (the front one on the gearbox lever) and an air filter rubber strap as both missing please?

Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't help with the parts you need, but I was just wondering what part of Cornwall you're in?
Regards Brian

Ok Matthew, well hopefully we can meet up in the future. There's a few 4s in the area now, so maybe we could have an informal get together sometime, but I'm not sure if people would be up for that or not.

Back