Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Newbie in France seeks help!

Beemer

Born again enthusast
Bonjour!

Greetings from a new member.

Now that our French house has been rendered habitable it's time to rekindle old memories and add an R4 to the stable.

Does anyone know of a good R4 somewhere in the southern part of Poitou Charente (Departements 16, 17. 79 or even 86)? So far they have proved elusive and as France is a BIG country the mileage is already mounting up!

No objection to the right car in the UK, providing it's LHD and has the right paperwork for a carte grise.

Try www.leboncoin.fr for the car, if its got a landline telephone number use www.pagesblanche.fr use the second tab along - something like a qui est ce numero, put in the phone number and it brings up the name and address so you can work out how far away it is.
Bonne chance!

A few come up on eBay.fr too, and older ones can be found in the 4L magazine (and presumably website).

I wouldn't buy from the UK - the French cars (even northern) are normally less rusty than the UK cars.

I'll second Malcolm, they use far less road salt over in France than we do here, it makes for far less rusty vehicles.

I wonder if the SMMT own the salt mines by any chance?

Hi there pepper and Malcolm! -just a tid-bit of useless info re salt...
Did you know they started using SUGAR -instead of salt on their roads in Sweden couple years ago?? -Yes,I know- it sounds like a joke but it is true! Any Swedish members on here to give us some more info?? -I hear they have had great success with it as apparently the sugar "binds"the ice/water/snow in some way -R.

Hi newbie aswell
french man living in cork (irl)
no 4l magazine doesnt have a web site but try r4 r6 club de france they have a good ad section.
I ve seen a lot of r4 in your region search you'll find the right one for you
avoid 4l trophy they are usaly crap
Guillaume

Back