Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

newer renaults

bonedavid

Enthusiast
greetings all..i am a member of a few forums concerning the newer models..ie clios lagunas etc.

will be happy to offer any assistance i can to anyone needing help with these.

Welcome to the forum bonedavid - it's excellent to have someone knowledgeable about new Renaults around - we get a lot of posts in the other Renaults section that only one or two members would be able to answer.

Also it's quite fun to talk about what they are up to at the moment - they've got a strong range just now, the Megane is a best seller, and the new Clio platform is a big step forward from the old one. It'll be interesting to watch what they get up to in the future.

hi i could really do with some help with my 02 renault espace dci. there is a short exhaust coming from the bottom front right of the car. when i stop and turn of the engine alot of smoke come's from it and it has a strong burning smell there is the sound of what sounds like a fan runing and when it stops after about 30 sec the smoke stops coming the exhaust. if anyone has any idea please let me no.
thanks

The exhaust sounds like it's actually a cooling inlet vent to a component that's maybe broken. Can you tell us what is at the other end of the exhaust?

The fan sound could be the engine cooling fan which would run for a while after you stop the car. It would pressurise the engine bay so any smoke would be blown outwards.

One possibility (and it's just a wild guess) - I don't know if the alternator on the Espace has an air intake for cooling. Maybe the smoke is coming out of there? That's not to say the alternator is causing the smoke (unless the smoke smells electrical like an old train set).

Back