Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Paint colour1982 4gtl

Gsouthee

Enthusiast
Hi I cant seem to find a colour code on the car. It is white looks a little like old english white. Anyone know what white was on a 1982 4gtl.

Cheers Guys

Cheers guys blimey they had 6 whites around in 82! anyway will have another look on wings.

The color codes can be found on several spots:

1) On the early models the code is painted (sprayed) at the (normally) front right inner wing.
kleurcode geverfd.jpg

2) Depending on model and year of production the code can be found on the oval plaque only where there are 3 digits in the last line.
code-peinture-plaque-ovale-renault-4l-01.jpg
When there are 4 digits it's no color code but year of production.

3) Depending on model and year of production the code can be found on the combined rectangular and oval plaque.
plaque-unique-renault-4l-exemple.jpg

4) On my 1985 GTL the paint code is a sticker at the (normally) front right inner wing.
kleurcode binnenscherm.jpg

5) And on my 1985 GTL again the color code stamped on a small rectangular plate behind the dashbord attached to the body.
So you can verify that the body (and it's color) is original and came with the chassis (engine bay/inner wings) color, a factory original Renault R4.
kleurcode achter dashbord.jpg

Regards, Joop

Last edited:
Hi Ya a look cant see anything on the inner wings, oval plaque has the year on it, so looks like I have to look behind the dash. Cheers Joop

Back