Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Production dates enquiry

MJH

Enthusiast
Hi everyone
Even though I would consider myself quite an expoert on the R3 & R4 family of vehicles. I wonder if anyone knows between what month/year a certain version was manufactured, and when it ceased its production run.
My enquiry is regarding the R2102 Fourgonette van with 747cc engine. I know production started in October 1961 for LHD drive vehicles, but my enquiry is concerning a UK RHD version. Can anyone supply me the date span please? I know by August 1962 this version was not available in the UK; the replacement version having the 845cc engine. Also I know the RHD 4L saloon was available in the UK from April 1962, as I previously owned the first 4 Estate imported into the UK; the first Acton demonstrator.
I also know that there is a R2104 of 1963 vintage in the Manchester area having the 845cc engine (it's not for sale and has a good home!)
Finally does anyone know of the whereabouts of a front and back tubular bumper set?
By the way, the recent "pleinair" picture with a link to view is definitely not an original car. Having also owned a restored a genuine pleinair, I can definately say it is a fake. It's good to see someone is trying gather information of surviving pleinair vehicles. I am aware of 3 of the 5 UK cars, one in Canada, one in Germany, the CAR collection car, and I believe there is one in the Netherlands. I am sure there will be perhaps a dozen or so somewhere in France, as they quickly became a treasured possession with the french.
Regards to all
John
PS: I have a really good R4 tailgate that I fitted to my restored 1962 car whilst I restored the original tailgate. I bought it new at the time. Used on the car for about twelve months, then removed when the correct tailgate was ready to refit. Mid history type with cast hinges but no apertures for fog/tail lights. Anyone interested, make me a sensible offer
I look forward to getting feedback on my enquiry.

Back