Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Quick repair for outer rear suspension mounts?

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
The outer rear suspension mounts seems to have broken away from the chassis on my F4 van. I was hoping they would do that a few years later as I need the van for a building project. It is so useful!

I had planned to replace the chassis once the building project has finished and when I have a garage. Maybe 2 or 3 years time.

Has anyone done a very temporary repair to the outer rear suspension mounts? If I can get through the MOT with a week of work it could be practical, but that isn't enough time to lift the body off and do the work properly. Or might it be worth getting a new chassis in and going at the chassis change for a week? Or does anyone else fancy the job? I'm not really set up for working on cars and have to work outside at the moment.

Failing all that, anyone fancy a weekend chassis change party? I reckon 4 people could change a chassis in a weekend and it could be fun.

Thanks Stuart. :drunk:

I've asked for a delivery quote for a new chassis. It would be good to get the old girl back on the road.

Anyone else up for a party?

Ill come play, but only if you help me with my new woes.......

:-)

I am round the corner from you and happy to help if you need any extra parts/tools/etc. :)

We ought to meet up at some point - I have the other Mk1 Renault 5 in Bedfordshire. Though maybe not for long - it doesn't get a lot of use so might be sold to fund a R4 chassis.

I have had a peek a few times over the years and spoke to you a while ago about your 5 when I was looking for one, a friend of mine also still owns the later Mk2 5 that you had some years ago too. I am in Sandy so I will pop round in one of mine some time

Back