Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 F6 exhaust system

mr-reno-139

AKA Paul Cunningham
i was going to post where can i get an exhaust system for Matts van (MGUEZ) as it has just failed the mot and my normal trade suppliers were amused by my enquiry although it seems car ones are more readily available
first thought was dutch and german sites malcolm has listed above and indeed reno4er has parts shown as avaiilable

next stop closer to home to avoid postage costs, and Partco motor factors quoted me £94 complete system +vat next day delivery
aparantley made by Unipart
my final websearch looking for unipart direct took me to Online automotive
and unbelievably complete system is shown as available at £77.79
i havent clicked further to check postage costs as waiting for matt to try renault dealers local to him
http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/

• 850917.png
    850917.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 549
i have actually got an old Bosal catologue (amongst many other obselete books)as Bosal was my preffered non genuine manufacturer
but when i quoted part numbers to my supplier i was told no longer available
hence my google search as i was sure renault no longer supply F6 bits as tried a few years back (but may depend on helpfulness of dealer cross referencing old part numbers)
thanks for link ,will let Matt decide as have bandaged pipe today to get through MOT !!

mguez

Thanks to everyone's sinformation on this exhaust issue and especially to Mr Reno for getting F6 through the MOT and getting another carburettor sorted...one with a choke this time! Van is running really sweet....
These prices quoted for a whole system do not seem so bad , but I guess the fitting would be a pig of a job?. The other thing now needed is a heater matrix as mines leaking...anyone got a sound one? Now looking forward to pottering around on the car this holiday. M.

The exhaust's are quite easy to fit. Do remember to fit new rubber mountings if the old ones look cracked. The only snag you may encounter is that the nuts may be siezed on the manifold flange studs. Soak them well with penetrating fluid the day before. Ease the nuts gently off - the last thing you want over the holidays are for the studs to break off.
Try Renault for the heater matrix. However, before ordering the parts make sure the leak is not the heater tap or one of the hose joints.

Back