Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 F6 Resto

have to say i was going to run it this year and start the resto next year, but given what it looks like under the floor, im glad I didnt, it might have been safe, but who knows....

Well Pete,
The well known R4 spots to repair, there might be some more...
Good luck with the restoration job.
Regards, Joop

Nice, I've seen that and been there ;) All your chassis photos are deja-vu :D
If you decide to make the chassis repairs yourself, keep an eye on the dimensions (there is a workshop drawing https://www.renault4.co.uk/chassis-jig-dimensions/mr61.gif)

My chassis was still pretty repairable, but looking at your photos hmmmm I would buy a new chassis or a good donor chassis.
Regards Joop

Good luck man. It's nice to see something recent and still being worked on, so I'll keep my eye on this. You still got a ways to go and I hope to be watching.

a lot of new chassis parts were bought for it and the team rebuilding it are not scared to hand make repair sections

hey, im waiting for the pic to come over, the bonnet arrived a bit dented, but im told easily fixed
We still get the bonnets from the local Renault dealer.One arrived dented but they just sent it back and got another.The dealer is not always more expensive for parts.

cheers

i had so much coming over it made little difference in the end

Back