Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 GTL exhaust

Ewhorn

Enthusiast
Hi all
I need to replace the silencer on my R4GTL, and thought I could simply order from Autodoc, who I've dealt with before. However, the won't deliver such a bulky item to the UK, why, I don't know. Does anyone know of a UK supplier? I'm keen to avoid the high cost of buying from Franzose/Melun/Piezasautosclasicos etc.

Ewan Horne

You can try also WALKER exhaust system.
They are good repalcement, and have all pipe line and brackets

do remember that early cars run the exhaust pipe further outboard than post 83 cars
officially all replacement were superceded to the later setup which runs further inboard
cross references are bad at identification
and easy to buy parts that look similar but wont line up
see my video link of my customers car

Ordered my complete system from der franzose a couple of years back for my 1988 r4 and fitted perfectly

Ordered my complete system from der franzose a couple of years back for my 1988 r4 and fitted perfectly
Thanks - I've managed to assemble all the parts in the UK and avoided carriage charges from Europe, which might I increase considerably from 1 January.

Thanks Petal
I've managed to source everything in the UK FROM VAR
Many thanks Petak

I've managed to find all the parts in the UK, from various sources, using the Franzose catalogue as a reference.

do remember that early cars run the exhaust pipe further outboard than post 83 cars
officially all replacement were superceded to the later setup which runs further inboard
cross references are bad at identification
and easy to buy parts that look similar but wont line up
see my video link of my customers car

Thanks Paul,

Useful information. Mine is a 1989 car so has the more inboard version. I've managed to get all the parts in the UK, using the Franzose catalogue as a reference. I see your customer's car has the external door hinges, whereas mine doesn't. Do you know when that changed?

Regards

Ewan

In May 1981. The pre-production Jogging featured in the ads and brochure had external hinges, while mine with a build date of 23rd May 1981 has concealed ones.

hopefully you get all compatible parts as the different suppliers use different part numbers and not all are direct equvalents as a lot of people find out

Back