Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 L vs R4 S floor mats

laxeian

Enthusiast
True that flat screened cars do tend to stay clearer for longer than curved screened cars, theres a ‘clean’ cover of an old Queen anthem in that somewhere....

JdeW

Enthusiast
Nice to see how the discussion went from floormats to manual foot-operated windscreen washer pump and high-tech electrical windscreen washer pump :D
For myself both options, original low-tech and high-tech electrical, will be installed in working order, because when all electricity fails I still have the manual option :laughing:

laxeian

Enthusiast
Installing vacum operated wipers could prove troublesome..:laughing:

edwin

Enthusiast
Suggestion on floor mat dilemma. It looks like one of the mats allows for a central handbrake, as fitted to our 1988 Spanish GTL, and the other has no slot and is therefore for a dash mounted umbrella handbrake, which I have on my French 1985 4TL basic. Just a thought.

Sepharad

Enthusiast
Edwin, thank you. Seems logical. Has anyone found a high quality alternative material for coco mat underlayment? The mats were not outrageous, but shipping cause me to change my mind.

My GTL rubber mat looks like the one on the top right. It has the little rectangular cut out section at the base. But I have no idea why there is a round cut out where it fits to the centre consol.

The one on the top left has what is probably a cut out for a floor mounted handbrake and the little round hole at the top left position could be for a foot operated dip switch
I think you will find its the foot operated windscreen washer not dip switch, at least it is on my 82 GTL

edwin

Enthusiast
Re the coconut matting soundproofing underlay, there is a carpet underlay, best quality mind you, that does a very good job of replicating the OE underlay. It is thick, fibrous and rubberised, and with good soundproofing qualities. I got mine from the off cut skip outside a carpet store. I got enough for my next car as well.