Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 sadly for sale

Liam4R4SPARES

Enthusiast
It is a sad day in the Jones household .After approx 8 years of ownership my wifes little car has to go ! due to having to do up our house prior to selling [DIY is not a job i exactly enjoy] i just do not having any time to concentrate on the car.
It is a red 1984 R4 GTL that has covered approx 74,000 from new , two previous owners [one being myself], always fully serviced and maintained regardless, recent new exhaust system, excellent chrome bumpers and door handles, copper brake pipes throughout,nice and tidy interior,brakes just fully checked and in very good order, runs and drives perfect , everything works even the heated rear window which i replaced with a new item.Sadly the paint and bodywork is really showing its age .Some of the panels are corroded [mainly wings and above the rear wings] but most importantly the rear chassis legs are very good and has never been welded .I have a mountain load of great condition spares [will list if required] that come with the sale including a really good spare bodyshell that i was intending to use when weighing up a full on restoration for the car.It does have a short MOT so it can be driven away and road tax which can be brought for extra.I would have no hesitation in driving any distance and may even consider delivering if the buyer paid my fare home .
Now the price i am open to fair offers but more important is that the car goes to a very good home and the bodywork will get some well deserved TLC.I can supply brand new front and rear wings [£28 each]which are easily replaced and just bolt on in minutes.I would rather not go the Ebay route with this car as it has too much sentimental value .
Thanks Liam
P.S Retirement from R4 ownership and the scene is imminent so please make the passing a happy one .

It'll be a sad day for everyone else if you retire from the Renault 4 scene. We'll definately miss the source of second hand spares, and the R4 meeting in Kent won't be the same without you. You will pop back on the forum from time to time?

Found some photos of your car from last May on http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=623

Cheers for the comments Malcolm . Will probably have a few surplus spares to get rid of as the buyer may not want everything !? will be around for a few more weeks months and can always find a few minutes to add the comments and advice its the hours in the workshop i just do not have.
Trying to put a price on the car is a bit difficult but i am looking for around £450 which i think is a fair price for a car just needing bodywork and no mechanical work .

Car has no been sold ! Richard Williams and family[ a member and contributor of this website] will hopefully lavish some time and effort on getting the car up to scratch again.
Noddy has gone to a good home and i am about as happy as one could be after after selling a car that after checking the logbook had been our ownership for 10 years.

That was quick! Well done Richard. You'll surely keep us up to date with the continuing story of Noddy.

What's happening with the shell and other bits? - while I don't really need any GTL style bits I refuse to see anything nice go to the scrappy. If it were a good external door hinge shell I'd take that one step further and snap your hands off.

Hi,
Quick is not the word ! I have let Richard have all the spares and he has a couple of months to collect otherwise if not i will have to get rid of them .Shell is the GTL internal type but if Richard does not want it then it would be a shame for me to cut it up and put it in the scrap metal bin.

I do have for sale quite a few sets of new panels .Lots of front and rear wings, front inner wing repair sections.I will sell these at trade price/what i paid if anyone needs any ?

That was quick! Well done Richard. You'll surely keep us up to date with the continuing story of Noddy.

What's happening with the shell and other bits? - while I don't really need any GTL style bits I refuse to see anything nice go to the scrappy. If it were a good external door hinge shell I'd take that one step further and snap your hands off.

update on Noddy

Hi all just to say that LIAMS car Noddy has a brand new MOT and will be running for some time to come. I am very much hopeing to come to the R4 day in Kent this year, and if I can get some repair work done on my other car we may be able to bring that along too. Photo will be posted soon.

Back