Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 Savane ex "Gendarmerie" military police - Already in UK

skyrat

Hello, sorry if this post is going to be a little messy

I'm considering selling my R4 Savane 1108cc ex Gendarmerie

I used the car as daily since around 2014or15 but it has been underused since Covid started and I now work from home.
I've since been busying myself with 4 other cars and I think she might have to go!

She has been very reliable to me only breaking down once due to the aux belt.
She's still on french plates but is already in Bournemouth.
When I'd last had her inspected the only MOT issue was going to be a front wheel bearing.
She since had her front grille and indicator lenses melted by someone setting a wheelie bin on fire in front of it... so those bits need replacing.
Bodywork is quite tatty and she had no rust appart from where bodywork had knocks when i got her, and shell was very solid.
Shes since had welding done under front footwells and has some light rust just starting underneath, good by classic car standards, it truly was a great shell when I got it.

History wise no much is known except she clearly is an ex Gendarmerie vehicle with the hole in roof for the arial and some of the kit that was left inside the dash.
She is also sporting the Gendarmerie colour code. I've got some non-period correct lights for it.
Bought off some uni student who did a rally in Africa with it (was full of sand!) and they are the ones who painted the stripes.

She will not be surviving her next french MOT as regulations have tightened to ridiculous levels to basically get those cars off the road.
I was planning on registering her in the UK as it would be easy enough to save her that way as by UK MOT standards shes not bad.
Just thought since I would maybe sell her on anyway somebody here might want to be the first UK owner.

She looks pretty sad now from sitting and getting melted but works.
Obviously lots of stories and nitpicks id be happy to talk to anyone about.
Cool service vehicle that works and could be MOT'd with little effort or be totaly restored.
Second to last picture shows what it looked like with a T-Cut before Covid.
Last picture is the melted front grille. All other pics are from before that.

Not sure how to price it honestly, it will be worth what someone is willing to pay for it and its such and edge case I don't know where to start.
I work from home so I'm happy to talk any time over the phone:
Thanks!

IMG_20200822_122528.jpgIMG_20200822_122614.jpg
IMG_20200822_122650.jpg
IMG_20200822_122712.jpg
IMG_20200822_122757.jpg
IMG_20180618_094758.jpg
DSC_0304.jpg

Thought about it and happy with £2K for it.
Its fully working and you can drive it away on my French insurance until you get home.

Back