Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 Values Climbing.

politeperson

The restorator
Apparently the 4th highest climber in value out of all the classics.

I take these lists with a pinch, but all the same.

I mean is it actually possible to count the number of Renault 16 transactions in a year in the UK given that there are less than 100 left on UK roads?

We have been watching the prices of v good cars getting into €15000 area in Europe, and there are far fewer €500 cars around these days.
I think its been said on here at various times that the core deign is one of the most fundamental car designs ever, the first small, front wheel drive, four door, hatchback. Its also affordable. Gordon Murray, designer of the McLaren has had several and recognises their significance.
Easy to work on, fix, and manage. Great fun, and till now cheap to get into. Buy one while you can.

The market guide in this month's Classic and Sportscar magazine put the R4 in the top four for upward price increase in the last 12 months. These two sources may well be one and the same. I usually also take such information with a large pinch of salt and lament that it may push this wonderful car out of reach for some buyers. On the other hand, if it means it is more worthwhile to save another one, that's a good thing.

All the classics have gone up in price over the last year. In the UK we have had a furlough scheme where many people get a salary for staying at home doing nothing. A lot of those people have become really bored and are spending time looking for classics on eBay.

I think it's a short term increase in price and things will settle. I'm selling excess cars this summer as it seems a good time to do that.

Back