Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R5 For sale as restoration or stripping for parts

SouthR4

Enthusiast
Seems that I put this is in the wrong section!

Hello,

Went round a friends house today and low and behold a really old red Renault 5 GTL. My friend had no idea that parts for these models are becoming rare. It was under a tree covered over with a tarp.

They are interested in selling parts off it or someone buying it for a complete restoration project. I believe they have all the old documents for it somewhere.... I also think that most of the parts should be universal for R4's and F6's from what I could tell with my limited knowledge!

I am presuming now that it isn't worth it financially to restore these R5's as the value seems to be different to R4's therefore I have come to the conclusion that stripping it may be the best option. I will be posting photos of the car within the next few days.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will see what I can do. Otherwise we will strip it and put the parts on ebay.

Thanks

Piers

To be honest, restoring an R4 isn't worth it financially either. A really good GTL like mine is maybe worth 6000 euro's, that is, if you find the ideal buyer, who doesn't mind paying the money. If not, you're more likely to end up getting about 5000 euro's for it. Looking at the amount of time and money that's in it (approximately 3000 euros investment and about 3000 man-hours, I'm no professional but still...), no way that will be lucrative ;). So whether it's an R4 or an early R5, you will have to find a fan if you want to get money out of it anyway.

But true, they probably are worth more than just some scrap car, these things are gaining in worth rather than loosing worth I guess.

Back