Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R5 Mk1 1397cc Engine for Sale

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
I have a rare and desireable 1400cc engine originally fitted to a Renault 5 TX, but will plug fairly easily into a Renault 4. It was removed from a 65,000 mile car. It's the 63hp spec. The engine turns freely, and the four compression strokes can be felt when turning by hand. It comes complete with a twin choke carb which needs a good clean up and lubrication.

For fitting to a Renault the main things are throttle cable and air filter mounting. The air filter is included but is rather big. This one needs a water pump and distributor from a R4 engine.

I'm hoping for around £150, but am open to offers.

• renault-engine-2.jpg
    renault-engine-2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,030
  • ranault-engine-1.jpg
    ranault-engine-1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,945
  • renault-engine-3.jpg
    renault-engine-3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,513
mguez

did you clementine get this engine from Paul Cunningham in Worthing? He mentioned today letting one go...just curious and slightly tempted...m

Nope - I bought it from a Mr Jelly in Burnley in 2004. I'd planned to stick it in a R4, but got carried away and picked up a Gordini engine instead.

Hi Clementine,
i am very interested as i think i have mentioned in a posting to you before, to put it into my F6, I guess my offer only depends on how i can get it or how far, i live in SE London. My e-mail: donnetim(at)tiscali.co.uk or mob: 07940593011
i think £150 sounds reasonable! if not too far away consider it sold!
Cheers Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm..... I'm Intested.

Hi,

Long time watcher, short time owner.... and already time for and Engine Change!!! and No I didnt Kill it, it still runs.... for the moment.

I bought a LHD Euro model, with Lopsided Suspension (I'm the Positive Side of 18St) Side Exit Exhaust and Broken Rings and Burnt Valves! Think Still Starts and Runs, but a bit smokey, Esp after a 70mph+ Run on the Autoroute!

I figured that this might be a way of getting a bit more ommph (weight of pilot concidered).

Not afraid to have a go at some engine transplanting, done a fair few 2CV's, a VW Golf GTi and a Range Rover. (BTW, they where and are faster than a R4and have a lovley Sunroof!, still the R4 has a good Heater!)

Dont mind, either this or if you have or know of any engine 1100 or Larger!!! as we all know there is no replacement for displacement! South of England would be good, but will travel.

Just a quick thought? Bike Engine? Anyone done it? Any Ideas on Doing it?

Back