Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R5 seats for R4 GTL

Hi. Is it possible to swap my R4 GTL 1986 seats for R5 ones?
If so is it straight forward, I know they won't look right but suffer with a bad back in current seats.
Cheers
Steve

Iain

Enthusiast
I tried this a while ago and they simply don't fit. Runners etc., different, also seat height, esp with headrests etc. I gave up and refitted my ropey old, uncomfortable originals.

Thanks for that Iain, I will see about sorting the foam out. I see a lot of messages about headrests, I guess it's easier to find rocking horse muck.

Lobster

Screw loose
As above but depending on year of R5 - Mk2 Super5 so 1985-96 on won't fit. The runners etc are completely different but you can fit seats from a Mk1 (72-85) R5 easily - they are pretty much a straightforward swap. Theres a few other options that can made to fit with a little work - Audi A3 / SEAT Leon, Citroen BX, Volvo 300 series and a few others.

Pair of tatty seats with headrest went unsold on ebay v recently and only in Oakham!
Look them up in unsold items and contact the seller...

Eccles60

First Renault 4 after 40 years waiting
I wonder if
Thanks for all your help, I have found eBay listing for Tatty seats and waiting for a reply.
Mazda MX-5 MK1 seats might fit. They are relatively slim and seem able to be grafted in to several other cars (Spitfire, MGB, Spridget, 105Es, and so on). Anyone tried it on a R4?