Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R5engine/gearbox for F4 What-fits-What??

Nice to hear good news from Roffen!

By the way, it may be called "idling" jet, but actually it is being put in use from idle to about 1/4 throttle...so what happened to you is quite normal.

Hi angel! me and Roffen had a trip over to Sweden today where they have higher speed-limits.Only 'breaking-in'yet so stepped off at 130km/h. will drain oil and filter one of the first days-thought I'd let it wash away most of the nastiness-so mounted the biggest filter I could get in there-Will have to use can-opener on it to get it out but that's ok..
Anyone know if someone still makes fan-belts in 9,5mm wide ?? Gates etc are 10mm which makes them ride on the edge of the pulley until belt worn down then it gets to slack so needs adjusting once more-small issue but would be nice to get correct if possible..
Most important-No hesitation at all-which is a huge relief!
All the best to you down in Athens -R.

Great to hear that it has all worked out so well :)
Looking forward to some photos!

Today 22.June I set an end to the continuiis stoory of Roffen The remake..
All now working. got that jockeywheel sqeezed in a press as it had been overheated due to friction at one time so had 'opened up' to the point where it didn't grip the belt.Belt run into the ground in the wheel and disintegrated.. All in place and working like a charm now.Work temp of coolant stabile at 81C.nice output of dynamo Used Roffens own which gives slightly less than R5 one. as it has a smaller beltdrive to make it spin faster due to higher gear ratios Renault choosed this solution.Am not using Roffen in salt and sleath in winther so shouldn't be a problem.. No loose ends that I can see
so will thank all who have followed or partisipated in this loooong tale.. Hope to see you all out there sometime!! -R.

Back