Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R6 850cc

At last the chassis is home and I am covering the floor with dynamat before it goes of to the Body shop to rejoin the body.The brand new petrol tank and sender unit is also fitted.

rch1.jpg

The engine and gearbox will also be fitted during the holiday.
At least from now on things will be going together instead of being ripped apart.
Engine rebuilt and ready to go.

reng1.jpg

Gearbox replaced from original and new seals fitted.

rgear1.jpg

Ready to make the journey tomorrow to find my body and be repainted.

enin1.jpg

enin2.jpg

enin3.jpg

Looking very nice indeed

The chassis went to the body shop today and the body will join the chassis tomorrow and then the jigsaw begins.

Side view of body waiting to be mounted on the chassis.

Image034.jpg

The nice new headlining

1180headlining.jpg

And the gleaming roof after being found so rusty and scabby.

Image035.jpg

Wow, Wow, I can't wait to see this when it's completed!

I always loved our families 6, it seemed far more refined than the 4 we had previously and was far, far better than the Vauxhall Shoveit that was foisted upon us afterwards.

I cant wait either Pepper but just to show progress

Up we go
lift32.jpg

Over
lift33.jpg

And down
lift3.jpg

This is looking really good. I've ground to a halt on my own project, due to low temperatures and the need to paint. Was tempted this weekend, but the sun outside belies some chilly temperatures and a guaranteed freeze after dark.

We edge forward a little .Went to the body shop today and fitted the window glass.
Front wings to be dressed and painted and the car should come home Saturday.

doorday1.jpg

Home to start the jigsaw of putting everything back on the car.

barh1.jpg

barh3.jpg

barh4.jpg

barh5.jpg

Problem is the body work is so nice I am afraid to take the drill to it which I have to do.

Fab

Absolutely fabulous

A big day today club member Richard Allen came to help me sort out the electrics on my R6 which had been removed by the body shop.
Everything now working and the rebuilt engine sounds sweet so I can't wait to finish the brakes and MOT points and get her on the road.

that looks great,

lets hope its a good summer for you and the R6 ^-^

At last from here

home61.jpg

to here and it last the car has an MOT for the first time in over 20 years.

bling1.jpg

I have sent of to the DVLA to change the taxation class from Private to historic and then she is back on the road ready for the shake down period and running in the new engine.

Well done! Great work - you should be really proud :)

That is a fantastic looking job, I can't wait to see it in real life, are you showing it anywhere?

Back