Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R6 rear lights (continued)

John B

Enthusiast
Thanks to suggestions from forum members I managed to buy 2 new rear lights for my Renault 6 which i received from Spain today.
What is now evident is that the old light units I have removed are not the correct ones and some of the opening in the bodywork
has been cut away to allow the incorrect units to be fitted.

Can anyone supply a photo of the opening without the light unit in it please?
The new correct units have a cross brace at the back to hold unit in place but I don't know how the cross brace is held in place.
Unfortunately the Haynes manual does not give any clue as to what holds the lights in place.

Thanks to suggestions from forum members I managed to buy 2 new rear lights for my Renault 6 which i received from Spain today.
What is now evident is that the old light units I have removed are not the correct ones and some of the opening in the bodywork
has been cut away to allow the incorrect units to be fitted.

Can anyone supply a photo of the opening without the light unit in it please?
The new correct units have a cross brace at the back to hold unit in place but I don't know how the cross brace is held in place.
Unfortunately the Haynes manual does not give any clue as to what holds the lights in place.
I have found a solution, after tidying up the butchered openings which are now much too large for the new, correct, lights I made an adaptor plate that sits inside the existing opening and is the correct size to accept the new light.
4 self tapping screws hold the adaptor plate in position until I mig weld it.

Hi John do you know why some F6’s have square rear lights and some have lights like the saloon?
I would like to fit the saloon ones to mine but unsure if that’s possible?

4CFED387-A046-4207-B723-4347E846DA0F.png

Sorry, can't really help. I'm new to R6 myself and am struggling to get my head round the number of varieties of rear lights there seem to be available.
The 2 replacement ones I bought (different makes) were identical in size but completely different mouldings, fixings and reflectors etc.

The rear lights that resemble the saloon ones are off the R4 fourgonet ,shorter than R4/6 .The mounting is different from the car so will not fit the body. Hope this helps.

Thanks.
I do like the saloon lights but unless I weld up and cut fresh holes in the body I will have to stick with the square type

I am seriously thinking of welding up my original oblong holes and cutting out new holes for saloon type rear lights as I think I’m into a full body respray on my F6 van.
Obviously there are light lenses on the outside of the body but does anyone have any decent pictures of the either the holes in the body and what the lenses screw to?
Thanks Mike

CBC89D96-4C90-4D13-9B1D-296A21FB1837.jpeg DB2A2045-A957-41B1-91F2-58CE790E1776.jpeg

Looking like I could do with F4 rear light lenses and also the back plates/bulb holders….
Does anyone know if there available?

Looking like I could do with F4 rear light lenses and also the back plates/bulb holders….
Does anyone know if there available?
They're available secondhand here:

NOS N/S base here (advertised as O/S, but the part number is for N/S);

O/S here:

Lenses:

O/S:

Found some on French EBay that maybe okay although they don’t appear to have rubbers that go against the body?
I’ve contacted the seller to see if he will post them to the uk

789625EB-5B2D-4AF8-B6CE-2792D3AB17DD.png

Back