Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R6 Solex 32

DFigueira

Enthusiast
Hi,

I have a Renault 6 with a Solex 32 EISA 4. Ive already cleaned the carburetor and changed what I found its wrong (heavy grime and busted orings). All jets were actually cleaned.

I can either have it working at idle and not able to accelarate or vice versa. Its also surging (losing and gaining rpm - like its lacking something) but Ive already tested a ton of adjustments that I cant find the sweet spot.

Do these carbs rely on vacuum? I dont have the manifold connected neither the valve cover hose.

Thank you

16954808852364671291041184202739.jpg 16954809134144273051540128622712.jpg 16954809354994590132602785482830.jpg

Hi

In your first image you have a dog legged connector on the manifold directly below the carburettor to base securing nut. It looks like a breather hose (the type with the one way restrictor valve located inside) should be connected here which I imagine would be connected to the rocker cover (sucking in air from this point). You could try blocking it off temporarily at least to see if there is a change in the surging.

In your second picture you have two coolant hose connectors which would have hoses running to the waterpump. This could be a carburettor which was originally fitted to another model of Renault.

In your third image you also have a connector. Could the carburettor also be sucking in air from this point?

Hi

In your first image you have a dog legged connector on the manifold directly below the carburettor to base securing nut. It looks like a breather hose (the type with the one way restrictor valve located inside) should be connected here which I imagine would be connected to the rocker cover (sucking in air from this point). You could try blocking it off temporarily at least to see if there is a change in the surging.

In your second picture you have two coolant hose connectors which would have hoses running to the waterpump. This could be a carburettor which was originally fitted to another model of Renault.

In your third image you also have a connector. Could the carburettor also be sucking in air from this point?
So the coolant hoses are not connected because they are gone. For its purpose, it should ever need coolant to not let the gás freeze.

They do not suck any air as far as im understanding but the dog legged connector on the manifold did have a hose with a plástic restrictor. But never Saw it connected.

Also the hose connection on the carburetor (PIC 3) seems to be the One that connects to the valve cover. However, never Saw it connected... this engine came from a scrapped late R6

The surging idle is likely due to fuel dripping into the carburettor. If you take the air filter off and look down the carburettor you should see the dripping.

I don't know that carburettor well, but on an early Renault 5 the air hose at the top caused the problem. Try blocking the big air inlet and see if the dripping stops.

Otherwise possibly it's due to the float chamber overflowing - the float valve not seating properly.

The surging idle is likely due to fuel dripping into the carburettor. If you take the air filter off and look down the carburettor you should see the dripping.

I don't know that carburettor well, but on an early Renault 5 the air hose at the top caused the problem. Try blocking the big air inlet and see if the dripping stops.

Otherwise possibly it's due to the float chamber overflowing - the float valve not seating properly.
Thank you!

Back