Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Radiator fan replacement.

roodini

Enthusiast
My fan's bitten the dust, (done all the tests ie checked the fuse, put the wires together and nothing), and I was wondering what would be a 'decent' replacement, bearing in mind that i'm not Rockerfella.
There's an R12 in a breakers near me, would the fan from that be a direct replacement or does anyone know if there's a straight forward upgrade I could fit?

Thanks in advance, Rudi.:cool:

electric?

As you have to replace I would suggest an electric fan from kenlowe with thermostat It will actually add a small amount of HP too and the engine will feel alot revvyer (if thats a word) and you will get a couple of miles per gallon of fuel extra
very easy kit to add and about 100quid www.kenlowe.co.uk

Rudi, as you have clearly stated that you want a 'new' fan on the cheap:wink: , could I suggest that you get a good secondhand one from another R4 as there must be loads of them about. At least it will fit your radiator and that all the correct wiring is there. I've got a feeling that the R5 fan is the same, but don't know about the R12.
Otherwise can I suggest that you only drive in temperatures of Minus 5C or take short journeys of 5 minutes with a 10 minute stop:) to cool down! Might even be able to fit a beer in at the same time:rolleyes: Hic!

Steve

Back