Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

rear seat belts

flaubert

I have recently, through a stroke of fortune, acquired a Renault 4 TL- Y reg, which has rekindled an affection held since my mother had a couple of renault 4's in the early seventies. I am planning to run it in the summer months as the family car, but it has no rear seatbelts for tying down the children. I think the mounting holes are there and are blanked off with black plastic bungs. I don't suppose that just any old seatbelts would do(legally). If anyone has any for sale or has any ideas, I would be very grateful.

Since putting up my request, I have looked through the forum and found the answer! Securon. So unless anyone has a secondhand alternative, I'll probably have to go with new inertia reel belts, which are pricey ( £75 each).

Since putting up my request, I have looked through the forum and found the answer! Securon. So unless anyone has a secondhand alternative, I'll probably have to go with new inertia reel belts, which are pricey ( £75 each).
Stafford vehical components have them for £85 pair +£8 p&p BUT surely you should be able to find some suitable one's from any number cars at a local car breakers i would have thought £20 maximum.

You need the securon seatbelts for the rear. They fit at a funny angle, and the securon ones are adjustable to make them work at that angle.

We fitted a set to Ian's car. The inertia reel was mounted at the attachments beside the top corners of the boot lid. I think I forgot to take photos but will have a look.

Hi
I'm pretty sure I've got a good set of rear seatbelts in the loft somewhere - I removed them from my GTL just after I bought it. Will investigate!
Andy

..Some photos..

..Here are some pics of my rear inertia seatbelts - They are at a funny angle as Malcolm said, but work fine..

• CIMG0078.JPG
    CIMG0078.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 257
  • CIMG0079.JPG
    CIMG0079.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 235
if you are not in need of inertia type, static belts will fit and usually better at holding child seats in and unless you have loads of different size kids once adjusted keep them firmly in place
wont stop them dropping crisps and sticky sweets every where though !!

actually get loads of people asking me for clio seatbelt stalks because they get clogged up and then wont work
further thoughts are that i think imay have some of the belts like ians sitting in a box some where too

Hi Flaubert, I have loads of seat belts, static or inertia, where in Powys are you. I am in Ammanford if you want to call in
regards
Allan

Back