Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Registering van as tax exempt

blakeyboy

Enthusiast
My van is off the road at the moment for work on her.
She should have had an MOT in March.
She's now over 40. Do I have to get an MOT before applying for classic vehicle tax exemption?

So long as the original date of registration was before the start of the year you can apply for historical status and don't need an MOT to do that.

You just need to print and complete the declaration form that states your vehicle is MOT exempt ... I took that, my V5 and copy of my insurance to the post office and they sent off my log book for change of taxation status

in our country it's not so simple, your car must fulfill all the quality criterias of musem car quality, everything must be original and almost as brand new w-out any modifications or smallest amount of rust even on tire rims

A historic vehicle (vehicle of historical interest)​

At least 30 years have passed since the year of manufacture of a historic vehicle (vehicle of historical interest) and it is still in its original condition or has been appropriately restored. A statement of eligibility as a historic vehicle can be issued by a national registered historic vehicle organisation such as

Back