Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

removal of heater

maxi.man

Enthusiast
i have to remove a ren 4 heater for my project ive posted on here looking for one to no avail mate has a 4 gtl at his car dealers which was traded in under scrappage scheme and says i can take it out how hard is it what should i look for i only have 2morro or sunday as it is being picked up car has only done 20 thousand and is in good condition too any help appreciated thanx

heater

Its not too difficult. I had to change mine in my F6 in Spain. Should take about 20-30 mins to remove. Its a lot easier than a Nissan Terrano, which I had to replace the heater matrix on last month.

Heater matrix - (i) undo the Jubilee Clips holding the two hoses together (engine compartment just forward of the bulkhead). (ii) Remove heater assembly from inside car (10mm and 8mm nuts). (iii) Pull hard and the heater matrix will come away from the (previously disconnected) forward hoses.
GTL with only 20K on the clock and about to be cubed? Tragedy. Why not buy the whole car?

sadly car is on scrappage scheme so would be £2000 to buy of dealer thanks for hints i will take pics but its going monday

Heater matrix - (i) undo the Jubilee Clips holding the two hoses together (engine compartment just forward of the bulkhead). (ii) Remove heater assembly from inside car (10mm and 8mm nuts). (iii) Pull hard and the heater matrix will come away from the (previously disconnected) forward hoses.
GTL with only 20K on the clock and about to be cubed? Tragedy. Why not buy the whole car?

thanks took half an hour in the dark bloody car like new what a shame and waste

Back