Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 21 Savanna 1.9D 1994 Cooling Fan Relay

nudger2802

Enthusiast
Can anyone please tell me where the cooling fan relay is located on a 1994 Renault 21 Savanna 1.9 Diesel as the Haynes manual is about as much use as a fart in an astronaughts suit:mad:. I know the circuit must have a relay and the wiring diagram shows a relay but in the list of relay locations in the Haynes manual it does not list the one for the cooling fan. I am using a Renault 19 Diesel manual for the engine in conjuction with the Renault 21 manual and neither of them list a cooling fan relay in the list of relay locations:(. Anyone who can enlighten me please let me know asap.

Many thanks,

Nige

hi nige
pretty sure relay is next to fan motor(s), usual probs is water gets into motors and they sieze up
or the connector plug corrodes which is down by chassis leg drivers side front near rad
crushed my last savanna diesel last week but may still have fans and wiring attached to radiator on my scrap pile

still running then
paul

Hi Paul, Yeah its still runnin. I did over a thousand miles in it last week alone with no problem but noticted in traffic that the temp guage is gettin a bit high and cant hear the fans cutting in. i bridged the terminals on the fan switch connector last night and nothing happened, but when i ran 12volts to the positive side of it the fan fired up no problem so its not seized. Havent had chance to check the switch yet but by my reckoning its the relay as all fuses are fine and if it was just the switch it would have worked when i bridged it. Will try and get a look round the fans for a relay this morning. If I cants sus it I can just rig up a flick switch on the dash anyway.

Kind regards,

Nige

Back