Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 1969-Here we go !

bob86600

Enthusiast
I think I can say that you convinced me.
This morning, I began to throw off the blue R4 (69) in order to make it rolling.

Nothing mecanical, but the interior, and body parts.

The blue on this picture so...

So I put in in the box
P1130100.jpg

I didn't resist to make an idiot photo...
P1130102.jpg

She's nude, poor R4 :rolleyes:
P1130103.jpg

Oh, like gruyère, there is few holes...
P1130105.jpg

But it's not so bad in the back
P1130106.jpg

The motor (I have to pub an other rod to the selector.
P1130107.jpg

I'm anxious about it, but I know I will just make a poor reparation
P1130108.jpg

A 4L without an "aile"
P1130109.jpg

So, the lunch break is finish, I have to go... To the R4

One day maybe I will begin such a work on a car... For now I have too poor mechanical ability and my only car is too precious for me to try such an adventure...
My best wishes for your restoration! I would like to live nearer to you to visit your garage and learn something (it is a frequent thought visiting this forum)...

I'm not so experimented in mecanic. And on this one, there is nothing to do, only everything in "caoutchouc"...

Just now, that's my holes !!
P1130110.jpg

And the roof is not easy to lay bare. And I don't think I will can put an other roof in plastic, so I think I will adapt an open roof of Twingo... That's not like origin, but that car is made to be fun :D

Best of luck

Best of luck with this car.......she deserves the best.
Love the idea of the Twingo Roof.
Let us rember that each 4 saved is a victory against nature:rolleyes:.
Keep us posted to show hoe you are doing.
Many Thanks
Sam 119

Why should we fight nature?
Saving an r4 is an ecological thing, not buying new cars and, so, not improving further pollution...

Good Luck! 1969 I love the colour of the car, are you going to keep it the same or use a more modern paint colour?

I have already found the open air roof of Twingo, but I have it in September. That's not important because she can be in fonction with the old roof.
For the paint... That's an other problem !
I love also this blue. But I think I'm going to do a "Patchwork R4", with some white body elements, oranges ones if I find, avery color I will find, but let the blue body and the blue parts will still at home, maybe a new blue paint some daye, but the same blue.

Next step are the exhaust and the engine bay wings?
Are you thinking of taking the body off the chassis or you will restore them still attached?

I let them attached. I will not exhaust the windows because I have never done it, and the caoutchouc is not so bad. The next step is painting of all the wheel passages, and all the underside.
After what I have to put another floor :D

Some news ? Why not ?

So, I didn't have work on the R4 these few days, because there was the "Modiale 2CV", and after that, I went to Bordeaux by a friend (who has a Daffodil, A 68' R4, 2 69' R6, and a 67' Ami 6).
And when I came back to home, I went to a scrap yard to find some parts for my father's R16, and for my friends' cars. In it, I already saw few R4, but one is complete, in good condition and the owner is also seller of the complete car. This R4 is from 68, green, I will just have to polish it and to put the blue's papers (green's papers had been pu in destruction).
P1140042.jpg

The bonnet (?) is not the good one but...
Isn't she lovely ? (as sang Stevie Wonder)

Great find! Post some pictures when you have polished it :)

That's not sure, I don't ever know the price but I think not that will be more than 500 euros.

In few weeks, I will have his decision.

Finally, I will not buy the green one, but I found on "Leboncoin" a white 69' il very good conditions.
I have to go back home with it saturday in a week, I hope she will be nice :D

Lovely!! And seems very original too. With so many R4s in France, you can still find such marvels if you search well enough...

Back