Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 F4 1983

" ....Needs a bit of work....."
That is very gently expressed.....

Last edited:
This is actually in much better condition than my 1987 F4 was when I bought it.

Tried to buy, could not get up to see it because of the big snowfall and when i could travel he had sold it. Rough enough going by the pictures but runs supposedly.

I hope it is restored well. It would be interesting to see it restored back to P&T colours.

If it was P&T, it would have been one of the last before Post and Telecom were split?

Splendid photo, very hard to find any old photos of the p&t vans from the 70's or 80's. Is that your own van?

Looks very well, did you restore it yourself?
Thank you. No I didn't restore it myself.
It was restored between 2010-2012 in a garage which appears to have since closed.

Since then it has had some revision work performed a number of times.

Do you have more pictures of it? I would love to see some pictures of it as it is a sight that one would hardly ever see these days on the Irish roads
and when you think about it there were thousands of them around 20 years ago. I was talking with a postman friend that used to drive them back in the day
and he said it was many the day that he had to run after it down the road as when he got out to deliver the post the handbrake would slip off on its own and the van would roll away and end up in a dyke more often than not on the narrow country roads.

Its ok , i found the pictures of it. I didnt realise that they were already posted up. Some nice pictures there.

Hi Davis,
Sorry just saw your message now. Thank you. I didn't change the colour when having it repainted as I reckoned it had some history.

Yes Richard, it is a fine example. Do you have a few of them? I saw a blue one in your pictures.

Yes Richard, it is a fine example. Do you have a few of them? I saw a blue one in your pictures.
Hi - yes I have two R4s. The green van is in London and mine since 2009, and the blue one is here in Dublin and is a 1987 GTL that I acquired in 2000.

Back