Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 GTL engine+ wanted

Tuntuns

R4 Returns
I used to have a number of Renault 4's when I lived in the Netherlands; replacing one with the next one using parts from each other. Although I am not a mechanic, I learned a lot about every aspect of the R 4 engine, chassis, brakes etc. I sold my last R4 GTL (built 1980) when living in the UK in 2000 for 1 pound.

I still long for a R4 and have the plan to restore or rebuilt a R4 GTL engine with my sons to learn them about car engine and for me to satisfy my longing. The R4 is the only engine I know (inside and out!) and have everthing ready in my garage to put an R4 GTL engine (1100 cc) on part of a chassis, with driver's seat (left or right hand drive), peddles etc and take it apart and built it up again. I don't want to drive it. Maybe in the future, one day, I will own a real R4 GTL.....

For now, I am looking for an R4 GTL with the chassis etc in poor condition but with a reasonably complete engine. I intend to remove the top part (roof, doors, wings etc), leave the front chassis, driver's seat and front wheels (to learn about brakes), and work on the engine. I had not intended to spend a lot of money purchasing this but clearly I understand that it has a value which need to be paid. I will collect from anywhere in teh UK/Ireland. I have been looking on the net but find it difficult to find what I am looking for - either small parts or completely restored/near perfect cars.

I would be grateful for any offers or advice.

Thanks,

Tuntuns:smile::smile:

Got a 4GTL complete

It is in Southampton - is that too far for you to collect? - everything is there (except battery - now dead) - and is restorable - chassis is not a write off - but needs some work - engine 81K miles - was running when parked years ago.

If interested - come back with a message

Back