Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Lift Pump

Sophie1955

Hi everyone,

I am struggling to source a lift pump for my renault 4 - it's 1983 I believe, pictures attached of the one that has been taken out.

Can anyone help me source?? Getting desperate!

IMG-20230112-WA0000.jpgIMG-20230112-WA0001.jpgIMG-20230112-WA0002.jpgIMG-20230112-WA0003.jpg

AUTODOC in Germany should have one there website is good there prices are some of the best postage is around £ 6-7 no customs problems usually takes 7-10 days

I have used them with no problems

There are two types - the one with the pushrod like yours that operates on the camshaft, and the other with the bent lever. The ones with the bent lever are easy to find.

Both will fit the engine. The one with the push rod used an additional spacer. I don't remember if the metal plate that bolts to the engine before the fuel pump is the same for both and it won't come with the pump. If you post a picture of yours it might refresh memory.

I have one laying around. Can send it to the UK. It was used on my R5 956cc engine. Pushrod type like yours.
Bought it new and used it for about 20000 km until I started the Vagabond project and had no need for the R5 engine anymore. The engine had two shot cilinders. So I stripped it for parts

Back