Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 or f4 van wanted

swampy

Enthusiast
Seasons greetings. I am starting looking for a Renault 4, preferably an F4 van with windows, but I would consider a car dependent on it`s condition. I do not want a "minter", I have dogs and I will use it too much to do it justice. On the other hand I do not want a restoration project; I already have a Mercedes T2 minibus that is a long term conversion and restoration project. I`m afraid that if I cannot drive it home then I am not interested. The prime concern is that it should be structurally sound. Mechanically it should be OK, and with an 1108 engine. Originality is not an issue, mods to improve drivability /usability are fine. Whilst I am not looking for a fire breathing gordini powered street sleeper, I will be towing a trailer and want some torque. I do not mind if it is cosmetically challenged, I will be respraying the Merc when it is finished, and could do both at once. If it is a van it must have a lift up rear roof, and either have some side windows (need not be full length) or if second hand windows and new seals are available, that might be ok, depending how much other bodywork is needed. If it is a car then a RHD GTL or modified model is favorite, but it must not be white unless it needs a respray. If it`s a van then I am happy to compromise to LHD, but I am not looking for an F6. You the vendor must be happy that I will be fitting your vehicle with a towbar, A frame fitting points and that if it needs respraying then it probably won`t be a factory colour.
Its christmas and you are busy. Frankly spring is better for me, but if you have a suitable vehicle tucked away and are considering selling it in the new year, then please bare me in mind.
Have a good christmas! Swampy

at this time, no thanks: it`s an f6 and its a project. I still have the merc off the road, and an f6 would be a third choice after f4 then car. If I haven't found what I want later next year then I might consider it, but by then you will have sold that one. Thanks for thinking of me anyway
swampy

i will have a F4 with side windows which will going for an mot in a couple of weeks, it's left hand drive 850cc engine a good chassis with a couple of floor welds at the feet area but otherwise solid, the side behind the A panels are good and rear suspension legs all solid, has had all ball joints, track rod ends, wheel cylinders, rear shock absorbers and a few other small items. it's all one colour but does need painting or leave as patina look :-)

i will have a F4 with side windows which will going for an mot in a couple of weeks, it's left hand drive 850cc engine a good chassis with a couple of floor welds at the feet area but otherwise solid, the side behind the A panels are good and rear suspension legs all solid, has had all ball joints, track rod ends, wheel cylinders, rear shock absorbers and a few other small items. it's all one colour but does need painting or leave as patina look :-)
Hi Bobble
Sent you a PM.
F4 with windows of interest to me.
Regards
Tom

Search ebay there's one on the UK on there now, import from Spain
Richard, thanks for the heads up. It`s an 850, and a bit of a project, both of which go against it, but it ticks a lot of boxes. Not sure if it`s worth the sort of money he is asking ( certainly would`nt add 1k just for the Mot and registering), but it`s food for thought
cheers
swampy

hello Bobble & seasons greetings
don`t mind the paint job, 850 engine goes against it, but I would leave it in, see how it tows and go from there. Yes I am interested, have you any pictures you could send me, and do you have an idea of how much you would like for it please? Currently have the Lister D off its trolley, the Ruston Hornsby part built, the Lister CS waiting for some tlc plus the merc is still not back on the road ( hopefully late January, so there is no rush!
cheers
Swampy

Hi Swampy, season's greetings to you also, same here got to much going on so letting a couple of my collection go :(.

Yes i know the 850's are not the swiftest on the road but like most still reliable.

I will send some pictures shortly :laughing:.

bobble.

Back