Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 or pre 85 r5 wanted

Andy Joyce

Enthusiast
i own a kit car Hudson free spirit and need a R4 or R5 donor car, so the rustier the better as i would hate to scrap a good one, i need engine and mechanicals so bodywork condition unimportant. must have the inline engine with gearbox at front, must be one somewhere, thanks andy in leicester.

i own a kit car Hudson free spirit and need a R4 or R5 donor car, so the rustier the better as i would hate to scrap a good one, i need engine and mechanicals so bodywork condition unimportant. must have the inline engine with gearbox at front, must be one somewhere, thanks andy in leicester.

Hello Andy,
Welcome to the forum.
"So the rustier the better ....."

It is my experience that surface rust above could point to catastrophic corrosion below i.e. rear chassis area.
Or do you already have a rolling chassis?

Regards,
N.

Hudson free spirit and kindred spirit are 3 wheelers using steel tube chassis
Vaguely possible I could supply everything you need but a whole car now is not easily buy able for 100 or less like it was 20 plus years ago
Complete wrecks will be marketed by eBay dreamers as restoration projects or valuable spares

Well Paul,
I wonder how Mr. Joyce is progressing with his search for components.

My latest acquisition would have been available to him, but now the bumpers have gone to be re-coated at great cost.
Usual story with this one. Low kilometres; never seen a salty road-surface; will benefit from a professional valeting.
The car's reliability will have a good testing on our journey home for Christmas .....

Hope you are keeping well,
20171107_084924.jpg 20171107_085020.jpg 20171107_084845.jpg
N.

Looks very straight and nice and tidy :-)

Hiya Rich, rot-free too. And by the time I finish spending on it, it'll be a car and a half, in more ways than one.
Front seats are away at the upholsterers. How close they'll get to matching the originals remains T.B.Seen.
Strong engine and transmission would have been ideal for absent Andy, but it's too late now.

N.20171111_101549.jpg20171111_101519.jpg20171111_101458.jpg20171111_101433.jpg20171111_101405.jpg

Back