Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Parisienne for sale in Argentina

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
I've just received an e-mail from a bloke in Buenos Aires, Argentina who has a 1968 Renault 4 Parisienne for sale. He says it's in good original condition and invites offers. Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll forward the contact details.

parisienne-front.jpg

parisienne-side.jpg

:yellowre:

I fear this was another car I could not resist to buy... Everyone is invited to pray or do whatever he/she thinks best to wish the car a good journey!

Oh, and by the way... I might want to sell a very good Wickerwork Parisienne. Maybe the Netherlands make the purchase more attracktive than Argentina? If so, feel free to contact me for pictures...

Welcome to the forum Boerammetje.

You have all the cool Renault 4s in your collection. Do you have a website we can look at? Otherwise it's be cool if you'd post some pictures in the gallery, or otherwise if you aren't in a hurry and feel like writing words, then there could be a "your cars" section on this site soon.

I guess you haven't flown over to Argentina to see the car. I hope the shipping goes well, and the car turns out to be as nice as it looks in the photographs.

:clementi:

Hello Clementine,

I have a remarkable but outdated website: www.boerammetje.nl

It must be noted that the R3 has been completely restored in the meantime, the super and 4L are still there, the Parisienne has been replaced one in almost perfect condition, which will now be sold when the car from Argentine has arrived. The Fourgonnette was sold as well, and a Plein Air was bought a year ago. That car is in quite good condition, but it was painted yellow instead of the original white, so it will be the next car to be restored... I hope to find time to update the site in the next few months...

Anyway, whoever wants to see pictures of one of the cars may send me an email. My grey 65 Parisienne is the only car I am selling though...

bram39zj_178.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's you? The Remarkable Renault 4 website? Wow. What happened with the previous address? Last I saw there was a whole load of downtime then you vanished from the net. It's good to see you back :D

You really do have the coolest Renault 4s, and the coolest Renault 4 website to go with them.

I'll look forward to the updates - I'd love to see the R3 now, restored to it's former glory.

I had some problems with my previous provider. The acces was coupled to my own dial-in time, which reduced to 0 when I took ADSL. I schould create some "this page has moved" page and put it there...

Anyway, here's a recent picture of the R3...

r3__114__199.jpg

And another one...

r3__116__325.jpg

To continue with the plein Air... In fact not a bad car at all, and my first car purchased on eBay, but it originally was white like all the others... and it will be again...

cfx916_164.jpg

*big envy*

Your car collection is truly awesome!

Cool site too, i've seen it before. It's the only site where i've found any info on the R3.

That Parisienne is quite amazing.

On a more banal note, I'm trying to find a cheap (sub 1000 euros) 1980's Renault 4 at the moment. One with a contrôle technique and in very good mechanical condition, and a bit of bodywork rust & general tattiness is fine. If anybody notices one in the north-west quarter of France, please tell me.

Hi
I have often visited your site, and admired the cars...I come to Utrect each year for the big Citroen show, i bought a lovely '60 ds there this year... maybe we could meet up one time.
Stuart.

Guess what I have in my garage in Utrecht... A 1960 ID19 :-) If you send me an email on time we could make an appointment of course. I live in Utrecht, but my Renaults are 80 kilometers outside from Utrecht, due to a lack of storage possibilities in the town...

Today my Parisienne from Argentina arrived, and I found a Japanese collector who bought the Parisienne offered for sale in the above... So the car is sold...

@+

Bram

Did someone mention a Citroen DS and ID19 from 1960?

smid.jpg

The car in the photograph is the same. It's a 1960 ID19.

A friend of mine has bought the car. It's a French import - a one owner car from Tours. It's in wonderful condition with just a couple of rust holes, although the engine doesn't run too well.

My friend has asked me to fit seatbelts (and mountings) to the car. Have either of you done this? Is so where did you buy the belts?
Also are thre any kits available for the seatbelt mountings or do I have to make them from scratch?

Also the engine runs like a pig. How on earth do you set the ignition timing on these cars? The manual suggests a hole in the bellhousing where you might poke a 6mm shaft that would mate with a hole on the flywheel and be used to allign things. I can find no such hole! It seems to be running rich as well, although the mixture screw is 1.5 turns from fully in, which one would imgine would be close.

Can you guys help with these pesky '60s Citroens?

smid-rr.jpg

By the way - how did the Parisienne from Argentina turn out? Are you happy?

there should be mounting points for the belts on the citroen.

the hole if anything like other cars will have a bolt in it or a grub screw covered in oily gunge hiding it.

Well spotted. I've forwarded that to the owner. I've not seen it for a couple of years, but it's had all sorts of bits and pieces fixed, and looks like a good polish too.

"it's had all sorts of bits and pieces fixed"

ID may be an abbreviation of that. Mine has the bad habit too to require continuous replacement of all kinds of parts that a decent car like an R4 lacks. After a period of mainly driving the Citroen I always realise what an inventive car the R4 was in '61. After starting it one can drive away directly, no need to wait for ascent at all!

Well. My drivable picknick basket is joined now by a self-propelling christmas present ;-)

pict0028lm.jpg

pict0026v.jpg

pict0022r.jpg

pict0036v.jpg

Back