Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 spotting

beagle

Enthusiastic amateur
Does any one know who owns a turquoise Renault 4 in the London area? It nearly ran me over on the pedestrian crossing outside Battersea Park station last week! It was a fine looking car with Gordini alloys and tartan seats. This was a great moment as it’s the first working R4 I have seen in England.

But it gets even better, when I returned home to Cornwall I saw another; a shiny bright yellow R4 just outside Truro. I thought these cars were really rare, does anyone know how many are in working order in the UK? :shock:

New Competition

Guess the name of the owner of the turquoise R4 in London? He also has a house in the Vendee.

Last edited:
The owner in question was probably distracted by photographing the backs of vans.

Or, more likely, he thought he was still in France where it's the norm to ignore pedestrians on crossings.

A while back I recall someone asking the DVLA how many R4s were on the road in the UK and they thought about 200. So 2 in one day is impressive. They seem to be coming over from France at a rate though.

I don't know where the yellow R4 previously owned by Seamus ended up - I think he sold it and it could have migrated down from South Wales. That looked like this. It's the only shiny Yellow car (other than mine) that I can think of.

• chris-collins-fr.jpg
    chris-collins-fr.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 182
..Twas me Beagle..

..And I remember you shouting something at me as a sped away, something like You...have a fab car..

To say sorry please send me a pm with your address and I will send you a cd..

Well done Bluebell on telling me about this..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the yellow ones on the road today according to the good old government!

..And I remember you shouting something at me as a sped away, something like You...have a fab car..

To say sorry please send me a pm with your address and I will send you a cd..

Well done Bluebell on telling me about this..

So it was you! Your car goes really well, I'm most envious. Sorry for late reply I have just returned from Scotland on holiday, sadly no R4 spottings. However as the economy has forced me to take a gap year I may take my camera to France and investigate there.

Good news though the welding is nearly finished and the body has been reunited with the chassis.... watch this space!

P.s I'd love a CD, do you have any Grant Green or Robert Johnson?

• chassis.JPG
    chassis.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 107
  • body.JPG
    body.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 106
..Nice to know you are back Beagle..

..And getting on well with The White Lady..

Send me a pm with your address and I will send you some Robert Johnson or similar..

..Hello Beagle..

..And thanks for pm but even I dont know your name - Malcolm might?

And does H.....d Street have a number or is S...... so small everyone knows you!!

..Well done Beagle, message received, so lets compete..

..So I am now going to make my chum Helgas' question this weeks competition..

Beagle, you and I know but does anyone else?

..Addendum..

..OK so you all know him as Tim but you will have to get this question correct to win..

If Tim as we now know him, wins £500,000 on the Premium Bonds, which local man would he ask to do the interior design on his newly acquired gastro pub?

Well done all, but if you can find a gastro pub for 500k and still have spare money to redecorate in north cornwall let me know!

..Forgetting the impossibility of the situation Tim..

..Do you know who I mean?

If you do, keep stumm, but if you dont, stab a guess..

Back