Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 wanted fo hire

Bristol Groom

R4 Wannabee
Hello Renault 4 enthusiasts,

This might be a bit of a longshot, but I've read through some of the threads on this site and you seem like friendly people who might be able to help. I'm looking for a smart, clean Renault 4 to hire for a day/afternoon in July as a wedding car.
My bride to be had one many years ago when we first met. It's the only car she ever loved and I'm afraid to say, I played some part in the eventual downfall of her beloved E reg GTL. It would be a much appreciated surprise for her if I could get her picked up in one for her big day, rather than some bland limo type machine.
Can anyone help?
The wedding is in Bristol on July 31st 2009. I'm happy to pay a fair price for a car and driver for the day.

I'd love to help you but I'm a bit far away and have a van, not a car...

To compensate, have a picture of my R4 F6 at my wedding last year :cool:

r44.jpg

Thanks Lobster, that's a great picture. Just the sort of thing I'm looking for, though I'm not sure the father of the bride would get on in the back of a van. How did that work out on your happy day?

Thanks for the inspiration, I'm more determind now I've seen your pic.

I can't think of anyone on here from Bristol who has a running Renault 4. Oddly enough I tried a forum search and it looks like several members have bought cars from Bristol (including me), but we've all taken them elsewhere, so it's possible there are none left.

It would be fun to have a R4 as a wedding car. Do post photos of the event. It's well worth trying a search on the forum (search is towards the top right) and trying towns close to you. Newport springs to mind. If you send a private message to likely suspects (click on their username and you'll get the option to do that) they should be alerted to your question by email. In your message also mention malcolm is missing them and why don't they join in with the forum for a bit (it's the secret message we use when communicating between each other, much like the 2CV handshake).

I only replied here for the chance of offering another wedding related photo. It was great fun but the shaving foam took all my paint off.

mini_florence_wedding.jpg

Thanks for the tip Malcolm. I'll give it a shot. These R4 wedding cars look great. It's good to know other people have used them before. There's no way I can get some dull looking mercedes type thing now. Anyone else got a wedding R4 to share?

Hi,
I am in the Gloucestershire area and have a Renault 4 that was restored in December of this year so is in really good condition. It's silver grey. PM me if you are interested.
Kind regards
Verycherry

I'm interested!

Hi Verycherry,

I tried PMing you but don't seem to have had a response. It could be cos i've done something wrong. Do you think you are still available? If so could you respond asap and i'll see if i can make a more determined effort to contact you.

Many thanks

Tom

Back