Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4l...

Wow, interesting - I read somewhere that early models are less sought-after, but that looks like a bargain! Thanks for sharing the link

Thinking about it more, it may be appear cheap because it doesn’t state what papers it has, before buying my van ( 1st purchase of a Spanish vehicle) I was advised to ‘make sure’ it had been taxed up to date, if it hadn’t as the new owner your liable for all unpaid back tax if it hasnt been equvalent of ‘Sorn’d’, looking at the dust on it that could be a good few years, also to register it historico is not a cheap and quick process, in the province I currently live in it took a full year of this office, that office, inspection ,test, etc etc, I would not contemplate doing it again, the ads on a Spanish site, so prospective buyers will be aware of these drawbacks here. So its more appealing if you've got access to a car and trailer, or factor in shipping to export, then register in destination counrty, its not a pick-up and drive vehicle, but as said the ads on a Spanish site,,bad marketing by owner. Shipping costs more than double if a cars a non-runner, but ad states it ‘functions correctly’.(from quotes Ive had in past for different vehicles).
Still think the advertised price is attractive in comparison to other 4s of the same vintage on various sites, and it does look all there....

Possibly to make up for space from loosing the glovebox to the mono?, although seen them on a few similar aged cars here at shows etc., usually holding a bunch of fresh cut wild flowers or herbs etc. ( similar to the rose vase on early, then jelly mold Beetles), do see even up to date cars round here still with relativley large bunches of heather etc. sitting on dash tops, left until dry and withered, ( but no rack), dont know if its a superstition thing or just economic air fresheners, I will have to ask now out of curiosity...

Back