Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4s needing attention

Ian1108

Enthusiast
Dear Clem,
I'm new to all this forum 'stuff', but here goes!!
I have two R4s both in need of attention, one more than the other! Worse of the two needs two outer front wings and possibly inner on one side.
The better of the two has, I am told a leaking fuel tank and a stuck starter motor.
I guess I am asking ..... parts you might have or any useful ideas!!
Sadly I am not 'mechanical', but a huge enthusiast for the last 20 years.
So pleased to read of the 'passing-on' of you R4 and I would like to do the best for mine, one way or another.

Hi Ian,

It's not mine that are passing on - that was Liam's car. I have a random Renault 4 project on the go at the moment that's a bare chassis being welded at the moment but might soon become a 1968 (ish) saloon.

Parts supply is still reasonable from Renault themselves, and even from your local motor factors, so there's no excuse for not getting your cars running. Renault are probably best for panels, and the starter motor normally just needs the solenoid removing and cleaning.

If you don't fancy the mechanical stuff then Derek from Renospeed in London should be able to help.

Do join in with the forum and we should be able to help you on the way.

Great Guy

Clementine ...... it has taken me a while but,further to your advice I have finally got round to cotacting Derek at Renospeed this afternoon. What an extremely nice man and helpful too!

Following a good chat we have worked out a possible plan of action for the two "sleepers"! It may take a little while, but, hey things have been at 'full stop' for more than a while!

I now feel much more hopeful about the longevity of at least 1 GTL and possibly 2, now that can't be bad. So thanks to Clem's R 4 G and Renospeed!

I'll post when there is any news of movement on either front!

Back