Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 5 Alpine gearbox

John Doe

Enthusiast
I have a chance to buy 1.4 Alpine engine and a 5 speed box that comes with it. The thing is this is the way the driveshafts look like (different from standard R5 mkI or R4):

2dqkkeh.jpg

Will this gearbox with these driveshafts fit the suspension of the R4? (I don't know whats the name of the part that is next to the wheel that the driveshaft goes through)

As far as I can remember the Alpine gearbox is completely different in design from 354/HA0/HA1, being all aluminum and with casings split in half, just like the earlier R4s. I think it will not fit on R4s because it is a lot longer but I may be wrong.
The wheel side joint seems identical to the R4 one, have you counted spline diameter and teeth number to see if it will fit?

Here is the box
23062009004f.jpg

The thing is that the gearbox is 250 kilometers away in Belgrade (Serbia) but I could ask my friend to count the splines and to take some mesurements.

And the engine :)
23062009007.jpg

It has non standard carburetor but I have two Weber 32 DIR :)

As always, thank you angel ;)

quick reply as sposed to be at work now
my yellow peril has got 5speed gordini/alpine box fitted (with 1647 r16tx engine !! )
you will need floor change linkage off 5gordini/alpine , crossmember and mounts front hubs discs and calipers + driveshafts ,box is longer but will just fit behind standard bumper ,more info if you need it
can take some pics if they help

anything is possible but realistically no as linkage is much to far forward to connect up
as it comes out past bonnet !!!

• IMAG0062.jpg
    IMAG0062.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,159
Back