Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 5 engine on r4?

Doug.Pt

aficcionado!
Hey guys I recently found an engine that came from a renault 5 i dont know wich model it is, I just know that it is a 1300cc and in the number it says 810, 728 and then the engine number. It has some particularities like bicarburetor (O O) and a thing that looks alike a turbo but intead of being connected to the intake is connected to the outake.

Can anyone please help?

Regards DIogo

Hello!

A fellow portuguese, I see :)

Regards.

Regarding your 1300 engine, it probably belonged to a Renaul 5 TS that had a 1289 cc engine with double corps webber carb.

Great catch! I'm looking for a TX 1397 cc engine or in alternative, one like yours. Haven't been able to find one, still...

If you know of one, let me know, please!

Regards,

Galgo

Hello Galgo! I think my engine came from switzerland don't know.
Do you know ho many horsepower does it have? And is the upgrade worthless from a standard 1108 renault 4 gtl engine?? I mean am i gonna notice it alot?

I can't talk as a personal experience becausa, as I told you, I'm looking for such an engine myself. Still, I have seen cars with that engine (well, not the 1.3 from the TS but the 1,4 from the TX) that have both 63 hp and the difference is very considerable. In fact, just the change of the standard 1108 cc from the R4 to the exact same engine in the R5 gives you an extra 11 hp. Just that is a difference.

Im gathering the material to change my engine but it's very hard to find the engine. I have already the webber double carburator, the admission and exhaust pipe and the 5 speed gearbox. The engine, still looking.

Found some in spain but in vary bad conditions. In Portugal I already foud several TX but I refuse myself to wreck a car with documents that can still be saved. The tx is already a classic rare car.

Are in in Portugal? Where? Add me to you messenger (rpecruz@gmail.com) or mail me so we can talk more.

Cheers!

Back