Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

renault 5 parts

brainz

hi i just bought a L reg r5 1.4 campus it has no tax or mot and was wondering where to get parts from as i looked on ebay and could not find any. does clio brakes suspension etc fit an r5? i dont know exactly what is needed as havent took it for a mot test yet but if somebody knows a site where i can get parts from could you please post a link or list clio(or any other car) parts that are known to fit a renault 5.

if anybody is interested i can list what needs to be done after i have took it for an mot test.

all i know is after i got home i went through the papers and on the last mot advisorys was.

front brake discs slightly pitted
front brake pads where wearing thin
a few brake pipes was slightly corroded
front discs starting to corroded

the car has done about 500 miles since then dont know if the last owners got them done but the car has been sitting about 8 months the rest of the car look quite good and started straight up .

also what does it do when people say swap the wires around on the tdc sensor

any info/advice is appreciated

Clio parts won't fit, but a decent motor factor will be able to supply service bits for the Renault 5. They'll need the year and model. You might find parts from motor factors are cheaper than eBay.

Before you take it for the next MOT, get some waterproof grease and a paint brush and go round covering and protecting all the exposed brake lines, it'll keep them going for a bit longer. Mine are always greased up on every service and I've never had to replace one, I grew up replacing Citroen BX brake pipes and they are not a joy to work on so I always greased and protected them once I'd done them!

I have owned two R5 Mk2's - a 1400cc Carb version and a fuel injected one. Always loads of parts on ebay, and as Malcolm pointed out, your local Motor factor. There's always Renault of course, but the parts will be pricey.

And of course theres always renault4mad....he will do you a good deal on parts...genuine or pattern...:D

sorry Malcolm...did i just plug myself.....:eek:

Back