Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault4l 1990 Help Get Off Heating Radiator And Dashboard

r4allpourposes

Enthusiast
Hi, I'm an Italian R4 amateur.
I would like repair my heating radiator but I'm unable to get off the heating console.
Please, there is someone that can teach me how to, step by step?
I've tried to unscrew all the 2 screw and 5 bolts I've found, but the heating dashboard don't want detach.
Help..:roll:.. and bye everybody.

MIKE (r4allpourposes)
:wink:

Last edited:
You need to undo the heater hoses on the water pump to pull the heater matrix out, the casing is probably stuck to the bulkhead with sealer try steady presure. It may be easier to remove if you take out the dashboard first as it give more room to pull
Allan

To what Allan said, I will add that it is better first to remove the plastic fan housing, then the matrix itself. The housing is held by two M5 nuts on the middle (obvious) and two sheet metal tabs from the radiator matrix hold the lower edges (not too obvious...). You will need to lift the housing upwards to clear these (after you detach it from the studs). It needs patience as you have the gear lever tube, windscreen motor, facia panel and ventilating flap rod on your way!! (typical French engineering).
P.S. make sure you have removed the heat control knob!

Hi Allan, Hi Angel thanks so much everybody.
Hi Angel, it's just the plastic fan housing that I cannot remove. I've found the two M5 nuts, I've removed the heat control knob and I've freed the two tong in the lower of the housing from the radiator matrix, but now the fan housing is disconnected only in the bottom. the upper seem to be irremediably stuck.
If you've some photo I could understand better.
Thanks

You will probably need to free it from the demisting passages on the dashboard, simply pull it downwards.

Back