Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Seat Covers

edwin

Enthusiast
Hi All. I am looking at seat covers for Ronnie. There are several nicks in the seat pads, some of the stitching is coming adrift, and the seats have been covered in a cleaner (?) that makes them sticky and so the are covered in the fluff off clothes and look complete mess.
I have contacted Fransoze and they have the same pattern covers, at €380, plus vat, delivery, and import duty. I can get them sent to a pal in France because the car is there, but its still a lot. It also says quality 3. What does that mean? I want them as good as original. Are there any other recommended places to get the covers?
Any comments and experiences very welcome.

Hi Edwin, I recently found a classic car man in Spain who seemed to have done an excellent job on refurbing front seats. He said that he buys decent covers off ebay, Leboncoin or Spanish alternative.Cleans them up and then gets an upholsterer to pick out the best bits to make a 'new' one. 'Just' need to find a decent upholsterer to get a decent price.
I got a price to reupholster front and rear seats for around £800. That's new fabric and vinyl and replace foam on one seat.
I'm still debating whether to go for the 'Spanish idea' or go for something different/ more durable but I'm on upholsterer's 5 month waiting list so no hurry for me.

Andrew

Back