Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Secret world of lost nuts and washers

No, it's not on the left-hand side (unless there's another bird there!).

Warm, but not quite , took me a while, (similar to finding a stray nut/bolt/ washer in the habitat of the engine bay, natrually camouflaged by surroundings, its the 1st place you look but the last place you see)

I found my pair of glasses (thanks to the garage fairy) on the left hand side I spotted a frog swimming under water :D and that bittern I can see it clearly :confused: in the middle a bit from the bottom of the picture where the reed leaves are?

Yep, middle bottom, bottom of 1st group of long reeds, as for the frog, you’ve got some really good fairies giving you glasses back with X-ray vision! :laughing:

From where photo came from ‘Yellow Bittern’, but indeed part of the Heron family, but I’m the first to admit I’m not an expert, think the answers in the colour of the beak looking at images.

Last edited:
There is a gusset between the left hand chassis side member and main cross member, just below the starter motor. It makes the perfect shelf for those nuts/bolts/washers etc small bits that you feel and hear disappearing but don't hear hitting the floor. What's more, it's usually covered in thick grime and holds very efficiently what falls from higher levels of the engine compartment. Every time I remove an engine I am surprised of what is stored on this gusset!
On the same topic, I did some work on a two-stroke Saab 96 once, and was surprised to find that, what looked like a full engine / gearbox undershield was actually a welded part of the body / chassis structure, with only a small hole for draining the gearbox oil! For the rest of the day I had to be triple cautious not to drop a part off my hands!

Thats where I also usually find dropped nuts as well Angel. If I lie on my back behind the front wheel, I can actually reach that little ledge. Long arms!:)

After looking at each individual reed and asking myself if that could be a bird or not, I finally gave up looking for the "Squacco Heron", and finally downloaded the photo and then enlarged it about 4 times and finally found it.

I always loose the plastic plug for the radiator vent-hose in the firewall..... Thus I can't get it with a magnet-stick, as it is friggin' plastic!

....Aaand it's pretty hard driving on with coolant spraying out of the system :whistle:

Back