Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Send your scrap bits on holiday - to Australia!

David M

French car tragic!
Hi all,
I’m looking for some bits to update a R4 van and a sedan. Both of them are from the early series and have the 845cc engine and 3 speed gearbox. I want to have an updated car that is driveable in today’s higher speed traffic.
I want to follow the layout that is used in the unusual R1125S. This model is featured in Magazine 4L edition 9, Sept-Oct 2008, pages 14-23. It uses the ‘sierra’ motor and the later 354 gearbox.
Interestingly the radiator is in its early position mid-way in the engine bay above the steering rack and not at the front, immediately behind the grille.
I already have some mechanical and other parts from Renault 5 and 6. I have an 1108 motor and two gearboxes and a 1289cc motor without a gearbox - I want some GTL internals for the 'spare' gearbox. However I need to buy some more parts to keep the project as “original” to the Renault catalogue as I can. Lots of old Renaults here are cobbled together and don’t look authentic in my opinion.
I have a shopping list that I will put in the For Sale section. Economy postage/freight will obviously be at my expense. All parts will need to be in really good condition as I cannot get parts in this part of the world to repair anything defective. You may pm me with offers to assist or respond on the forum, with questions, comments and prices etc.

Cheers ,

David

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 100
Back