Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

SEV Marchel Distributor

pepper

Pepper The One and Only!
Ok I've got one of these distributors on BB and am just about to try ordering new parts, points, condensor, Rotor arm and Cap. Before I do I wondered if I could get the genuine parts from anywhere in particular?

Or if anyone had any NOS available to buy?

The points are strange, they are the cassette type adjustable with a little allen key through the side of the body. Anyone know how to set them up, they aren't in the Haynes manual of course.

Next up is the front drums, gonna sort out the braking this year, I'm sure it doesn't help that whilst I stripped them down I reckoned they've got the wrong shoes in em!!

Try Intermotor parts from your local motor factor Condensor 35460, Points 23940, Cap 46220. Points should be already set up. However, if you need to double check these ones are set up by the dwell angle so you need to get a dwell meter. With the plugs out and the coil HT lead removed spin the engine over and twiddle about with the allen key until the correct dwell reading is achieved

Thanks for the info, any idea of the dwell angle required please?

Hi Pepper
I can help with NOS distributor caps, as long as you don't mind them being the R5 type. PM me if you're interested.

Excellent news, a PM will be on the way. I take it the R5 type are the side exit type?

Back