Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Shell restoration

angel

Enthusiast
I have started doing a bodyshell restoration on my white '75 R4 since February. I removed the body from the chassis as it was very easy for me and also makes life easier for the bodyworkers who will work on it far easier. Photos will be here as soon as I see that it is proceeding well.
Now my question (mostly to you Malcolm as I saw your Gordini bodyshell on the gallery). The removable panels will be painted before being assembled and the rear wings will be fitted on before the shell is bolted back to the body. But I have thought it will be easier if the front inner/outer wings are assembled on the car after the body has been bolted on the chassis. I noticed that you painted the body with these fitted on. Do you think it is better that way? Aren't there any problems as the inner wings are not fully supported? Or can the body be bolted on with these already fitted?
Note that the body is being prepared at a place 150 kms. far from my workshop, the chassis is also there, but I will make the final body/chassis assembly, not them. I have a two post lift so putting the body back on is no real problem for me.

Back